Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cafe au Lait Kit Kat

I have to admit that this is one that has been sitting on my desk for a long time so if you read this and hope to eat it then I'm afraid it might be long gone by now. I went through a phase this last year where Kit Kats simply didn't interest me. Do you blame me? I've eaten a LOT of Kit Kats in the last two years. But I finally got back to some really great Kit Kats again this summer, including the Cafe au Lait Kit Kat.

I've tried, and really liked, other coffee Kit Kats in the past. The Cafe Au Lait Kit Kat promises to be extra special since the Lait in this Cafe au Lait is from Hokkaido. If you want to sell anything to do with dairy in Japan the best way to do it is to promise it is from Hokkaido. They have very happy cows up there producing the best butter, milk, and cheese in the country.


The Cafe au Lait is a mini Kit Kat and has 69 calories. It is made with white chocolate although it has a light brown tint to it. It smelled strongly of coffee. The coffee flavor was in both the chocolate and the cream, giving it a nice bitter bite to the sweetness of the white chocolate that I loved. It tasted just like a cafe au lait, although with more cafe than lait. I loved it the first time and I loved it again with the Hokkaido milk. I heartily suggest this Kit Kat to any coffee lovers out there.

Score: 9

9 comments:

  1. LOL. Yes, we have Happy Cows up here in Hokkaido, living in the best natural environment you can imagine, producing the best dairy products. BUY HOKKAIDO every chance you get. We need the economic stimulus. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the coffee KitKats as well. However, I've found that the "variations" pretty much come to nothing. That is, the Hokkaido cafe au lait is little different form other coffee versions.

    Over a long time of sampling KitKats, this is perhaps the biggest disappointment. Only more extreme or unique flavors really capture ones attention. I can completely see why you got bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie - They have these strange commercials here featuring "happy cows" in California encouraging people to buy CA dairy. I guess Ohio cows are sullen? But I did always buy Hokkaido butter when I lived in Japan. :-)

    Orchid64 - I was able to stay interested with the challenge of finding the regional flavors but since I finished those it has been hard to keep my interest. 609342342521 "new" strawberry flavors this year didn't help either. Here's hoping this holiday and testing season they will get creative.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm sounds delicious. White chocolate and coffee = two of my favourite things ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different varieties of Kit Kat in Japan. Favourites have to be Sakura (Cherry Blossom) and Ginger Beer :)

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Itsumo Japan - they do go well together. :-)

    Japan Australia - You can vote to bring back Sakura. See my latest post.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, just saw the post and would love to vote for Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Kit Kat :)

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete